Welcome to our practice as we endeavour to provide you with a comprehensive and caring experience to meet your specific dental needs.
On this page we aim to provide you with all the information about your first appointment to prepare you to meet our team and understand what your appointment will consist of. We aim to provide you with an experience you wont find anywhere else in a relaxed and calm manner.
Before you attend our practice we would simply ask if you could fill out our medical history, our reception team will have SMS (text) the link which will allow you to fill it out electronically. This will allow our clinical team to review your history before your appointment. Should there be any further information or requirements we need before your appointment we will get in contact with you prior to your appointment.
Our reception team will have also SMS (text) information on our location and parking options for you to read prior to your appointment. We would like to bring to your attention the parking as it can be busy during the middle of the day and parking can become limited.
When you enter our surgery our reception will be ready to welcome you and let our clinical team know of your arrival. Please identify yourself to our reception team as you enter. Finally our reception team will ask you a 4 question survey to ensure we are complying with our COVID safe protocols along with asking you to sign our COVID registrar.
We aim to ensure we run on time at all times. So we ask you please be to your appointment approximately 5 mins before your appointment to run through the COVID formalities. Please be advised that as part of our COVID safe protocol we will also be asking you to rinse prior to your appointment with an approved antiviral mouth rinse before we begin the appointment.
What to expect on your first visit?
If you have booked for a New patient Exam and Check you appointment will consist of the
- Meet and great with the clinical team looking after you.
- Discussion around your chief complaints, wants, needs and requirements.
- Extra oral review of your chewing muscles, jaw joint and lip.
- Dental Exam of your teeth and a dental charting.
- Gum review and a periodontal charting.
- Xrays (if required) we utilise digital radiography technology to ensure the lowest levels of radiation on all of our xrays.
- Digital photos of areas of the mouth to provide you with information on teeth concerns you need to be aware of.
- Discussion with you on your current dental and gum health. Identifying issues you need to be aware of and treatment options should there be any needed. Discussion about your dental queries to address your questions or concerns.
- General dental clean (debridement).
- Fluoride Application using a dental varnish which is applied by brush and not a tray. We have a few flavour options so don’t worry if your not a fan of mint, we have you covered.
- Discussion around preventive options applicable to your specific case to minimise your dental and gum risks moving forward.
- Printed estimates of any recommended future dental care. Our team can also provide you with your insurance rebates specific to your insurance plan so you will know what your out of pocket would be moving forward with treatments.
We aim to provide comprehensive care and as such our we would ask that you allow 45-60 mins for your initial appointment with our team. This will help ensure that it will allow for any discussion and answering of your questions during your appointment.
Our reception team will be able to help provide you with appointment options should you need them and will help reschedule your next review in approximately 6 months time. We aim to reschedule your future appointments before you leave to provide you with times that suit you as our schedule can become rather restricted closer to your due date.
We hope this guide has helped you be prepared for your upcoming appointment, we aim to deliver a
caring and relaxed experience and we thank you for entrusting us with your dental and oral care.
The Team at Oracare Cleveland.